Thursday, February 11, 2010

Proposals

Abby and I often have interesting conversations in the car as we drive to pick up Daniel and then Will. Tonight was no exception!

Abby asked if I proposed to Will or if he proposed to me. I answered the question. And the conversation progressed and eventually Abby asked how babies are made (this has been a favorite topic of hers recently). I answered the question directly, hoping the conversation would end quickly.

It did.

There was silence and then Abby said, "I wish children could propose." I said, "Oh! Is there someone you would like to propose to Abby?"

She immediately responded, "Yes, Brycen! I love him!" And then she giggled.

After we picked up Will, I caught him up on the conversation. Looking at me, Will said in a very serious voice, "What do we know about this Brycen?"

I asked Abby what she loved about Brycen. Her response, "I love his jokes. He makes me laugh."

(I'll admit, I like Abby's choice! Brycen is cute and seems very sweet. He's missing several teeth, and if I remember correctly, has freckles! Abby's magnetic name tag fell off her locker the other morning and Brycen immediately picked it up from the floor and handed it to her. A real gentleman!)

1 comment:

  1. This would explain the save the date card we received in crayons.....

    ReplyDelete