Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dumb Parenting Idea #284

I took a personal day on Tuesday because Rochester schools were closed due to weather. Abby and I spent a good part of the day working on her Valentine's Day cards for her classmates (check back on Sunday for the reveal).

Abby expressed concern that the cards were too big and would not fit in some of her classmates' card boxes/bags. I insisted in my Mother In-Charge sort of way that the cards would be fine.

We pressed on and Abby took the cards to school yesterday. Only a couple hours into the morning, I received an email from Abby's teacher informing me that Abby had been very frustrated and had shed a lot of tears over the cards not fitting in many of her classmates' boxes/bags. On top of that, the cards didn't hold up so well and were falling apart!

Just when you think you are having one of those Great Mom moments, you learn that in fact you've just subjected your child to public embarrassment!

Poor Abby! Dumb Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment