Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Arlen Specter

Will just called to share the exciting news about Senator Specter FINALLY coming to his senses and switching parties!! Woo Hoo!!!!

I was in Specter's office years ago waiting to meet with a staffer. Former Senator Bob Dole walked in and I started talking to him. I told him about the food stamp restoration I was working on. He asked if Specter was on the legislation and I said no. Specter walked out (he was to have lunch with Dole) and Dole turned to him immediately and scolded him for not being on the legislation. Specter grumbled (he's a very grumbly, grumpy man) and Dole scolded him some more. It wasn't long after that, though, that Specter signed on to the bill!

Specter is cut from that same old, thoughtful Republican cloth as Dole, but it's regrettable that it's been years since the Republicans resembled that version of the party. (Can cloth be thoughtful?)

WELCOME ARLEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment