Sunday, November 18, 2012

"This Was a Terrible Place"

We next decided to drive south to Tombstone, Arizona -- site of the infamous gunfight at the OK Corral.

We road a stagecoach.





Had a drink at the historic Big Nose Kate's Saloon.


And we went to a gunfight at the OK Corral.


As Abby learned more and more about the town's history, she kept saying, "This was a terrible place!!"

As we drove out of town, we stopped at the beautiful Boothill Graveyard where many of those killed in the 1800s are buried.


Abby fusses at me for laughing every time I recite this epitaph, but I can't help it! It is funny! She thinks I'm being disrespectful to the dead.


This one makes me laugh too, but it is pretty sad! George Johnson bought a horse, but did not know it was a stolen horse!


I did find an epitaph in the graveyard that I could live with (or die with is, as it were)...

No comments:

Post a Comment