Friday, February 4, 2011

Abigail's Quilt Story

When I was pregnant with Abby, I began making her a quilt -- stitching one square each month. I never entirely completed the quilt, and it's just been sitting folded up in my sewing basket for years. I finally gave the quilt to Abby this morning.

Her reading assignment for today was to read to an adult a story called The Quilt Story.  The story is about a mother who makes a quilt for her daughter, Abigail. Abby and her classmates have been reading the story in school this week and have LOVED that Abby's name was in the story.



I too stitched the name, Abigail.

I've always regretted not finishing the quilt in time for baby Abby to enjoy it, but it somehow felt right this morning to see seven-year-old Abby excited to take her new quilt to school (for Friday's "Snuggle Up and Read") and show her teacher and classmates her very own Abigail quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment