Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Tea Party Invades our Family

This morning Abby came into our room excited that the tooth fairy had brought her Pokemon cards. She said this was her favorite gift thus far. She said, "I like that I don't have to pay taxes for it."

(The night before, the tooth fairy had left her $5. She liked finding the money under her pillow, but was concerned that the tooth fairy didn't give her enough money to cover taxes.)

I immediately launched into an explanation of how wonderful taxes are and listed great things that taxes pay for -- schools, roads, nutrition assistance for low-income people, etc... I told Abby that I like to pay taxes.

Will thought this was all rather amusing and shared his own list of things that taxes pay for -- things like, "the war on terror" (this was said with a bit of a Texas drawl, of course).

And all of this at 6:45 AM before coffee! All I can say is,  if I see the girl forming a militia, I'm out of here!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment