Saturday, September 12, 2009

Homework

Will called me a nerd when I told him that as a student I loved homework. Well, he can call me any name he wants, but I'm not backing down! I LOVE homework! Earlier in the week, Abby's teacher sent an email saying that homework would be sent home on Friday. I'm not ashamed to admit that ALL week I've been anxiously awaiting Friday to see the homework assignments!!! Abby fussed at me a bit and told me that it was homework for the children and parents were only allowed to help. Drat! Oh, well! Helping is better than nothing! Right?

I of course thought she/we should start the homework yesterday, but she refused, saying, "We have all week to work on it! I need a rest."

Well, one can only be patient so long, so I insisted she (we) start the homework tonight. Abby did really well and even said, "I can't wait for the next day of school! I like homework!" That's my girl!!!!!

P.S. The next post will very likely be about the pure joys of the Scholastic book order form which also came home in Friday's book bag. Oh, first grade is really fun!!!

P.S.S Abby insisted on "eating" school lunches all week and appears determined to eat them next week as well. She told me she is experimenting with school lunch and she told my sister Lisa (Tonto) that she might as well give it a try because she has "nothing to lose!" She even ate two green beans on Friday!!!!!!  (For those of you not in the know, Abby never allows a vegetable to clear her lips unless she is under total duress!)











No comments:

Post a Comment